Sunday, February 10, 2013

Positive

I can't remember which day it was...it was warm out and as we drove home from dropping our son off at school I said to Steve, "I'm probably wrong, but I want to stop at the store and pick up a pregnancy test." He agreed. He always agreed, almost every month for a year, I was always wrong.
On this day, I got home and got back in bed. I laid there watching TV until I had to use the washroom. As I waited for the test to change I thought to myself that it would be negative and I needed to be prepared. Slowly the control line changed, and then there was a second, faint line. I walked out of the bathroom and into the bedroom where I said "I don't know...I think there might be a line...I think I might be pregnant..." I was in shock. Steve got up and walked into the bathroom and we both stood there, staring at the test, there was no question, it was positive. I had a rush of excitement as Steve hugged me. I wanted to believe this was the one that would stick, this was the baby I would get to take home, but deep down, in the pit of my stomach, I was terrified.
A new journey began for me that day, one filled with anxiety and fear, and more importantly, hope. This one would have a happy ending, I told myself every day...

No comments:

Post a Comment